Wednesday, April 12, 2006

yet another, new beginning

So, I've been on hiatus forever, but I think I'm ready to start myself back into society. Sometimes, I need to just break and gather my thoughts. . .

Work has been really great lately. Every one there is freaking out because there are rumors that the company is going to be bought out by Hanes (and they're all afraid that the big bad corporation will come in and wipe everyone's jobs) but I got word this week that Hanes only invested in our company and dumped some (read:a lot) of their product on us. Not only does this not mean a take-over of our little company, but plenty of business thrown our way, plus many improvements in the shop. We're going to be moving to a paperless ordering system, which is great for me being one of the only people in our distrubution center that knows how to turn on a computer. heh. I've been up to my armpits in transferring old stuff into the system, and although data entry sucks, in many ways it beats having to scrape for my job in the embroidery department like everyone else.

Also! I finally, finally, got my own place! Well, not exactly my own place, but a place to share with my lil' sis. We're moving on Good Friday to a nice little two bedroom house towards the (non-existent) downtown area. I'm (obviously) uber-excited. And, believe it or not, it's not so much the new personal space, because I like being close to my family, but I haven't even seen the majority of my stuff for over two years. TWO YEARS, PEOPLE! Most all of my books, my records, my chess board, all of it. Hell, after this long I'm excited to see my damn vacuum! heh.

Anyway, things are lookin' good here in Sidney -- the weather's turning nice, there are birds a-singin' and flowers bloomin'. I think for the first time since I got here, I'm happy to be in podunk.

Hope all is well with you too,
-d.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home