Thursday, July 08, 2004

I wrote this poem not too long ago, started with a line that I first shared here. I thought it only appropriate that ya'll should get a chance to take a glimpse at the final product. This is my craft, so please, if you have any comments (constructive, destructive, asnine, whatever) feel free to make them.

Thanks

-d.

untitled V
When I open the door of this cell
I am greeted with an aroma,
Lilies.

When I first awake on this morn
I am tossed back in the realization:
I am.

When I first cried out your name
You rightly answered, calling,
“Yes, love?”

But we fall,
We fall to meet our shadows.
And a new tomorrow shall not come.

Your face lingers in the stirrings of my heart
Your voice sings to me, deeply, sadly.
Your love burns inside my drumming veins,
And I am swept away.

The morrow shall not come.

All is left to nothing;
The dancing light,
Extinguished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home