Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Nashville/Labor Day News

I love a good holiday weekend. Plus I took Friday off, making my three days four. Saturday morning I jumped in the back of my buddy's PT Cruiser and we set off on the seven hour road trip -- what could be better than four guys in a car going down the road? Actually Adam was having a bit of a stomach issue (motion sickness and whatnot) but after three stops so that he could revisit his breakfast everything went pretty smoothly.

The car ride was pretty awesome. We passed the time beeping the horn at Kerry/Edwards stickers, and occassionally mooning the W'04 people. Eh, boys will be boys. And after seven hours, and some Skyline Chili, we finally arrived in Nashville. It was my first time in the city, and I was really awed by it's beauty. I've really never been anywhere that I could compare to Columbus, but Tennessee was almost better. Maybe it was the freshness of a new place, but the Vanderbilt campus and surrounding areas really rocked. The place was so green, and artsy. We had some really good food, and had the opportunity to check out a few local bars. The people south of the mason-dixon line really do have some great manners. It was also kind of neat to be in a larger city, because no one really found our accents all that strange. (Although, I do love the twang of a southern drawl.) All in all, it was really good to see Eric and to get away. I haven't had a vacation in ages.

. . . .

When I got back Monday night Chica called me to say that Christopher is going to ship out today to Afghanistan. She's really terrified that he's going to go over there and get himself shot or something. I guess that I'm just a chronic optomist, but I really think that Chris is going to be ok. I mean, I know that Afghanistan isn't the safest place in the world right now - but lets face it, he's scheduled to go to Iraq in March, so how much worse could it be? Chris knew going into the Marines that the country was going to war -- that's why he signed up. Crazy motherfucker. But what're you going to do when your cousin wants to jump out of helicopters whilst shooting an assault rifle?

I really hate this pointless war. And I suppose this is just another reason why it's so important to get people like Bush out of office come November. So do your part. Register to vote, and when the time to make your decision comes, think about the consequences.

And, down with lieing warmongers.

peace and chicken grease,
-d.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home