Thursday, August 26, 2004

bump and grind

It's been a fairly mundane week so far. Nothing too pressing to report about. The world continues to bump and grind.

I did buy the Order of the Phoenix over the weekend (as it finally came out in tradepaper) and proceeded to read it again. I was really disappointed with JK's latest installment in the HP series. I mean, it's not a bad book in any sense, but the over all story left me a feeling of want. I also had a hard time dealing with Harry going through the regular teenaged story of angst and anger. It simply wasn't a trait that I find justifiable in the character. I suppose that we want all of our heroes to be meek, humble martyrs.

Other than that, nothing's really happening. I went on a date this week (the first one in ages) and that was (I suppose) a lot of fun. I have a really difficult time finding people who mesh with my personality. I'm not talking about just eligible women, but everyone. The girl that I went out with had a great personality, a beautiful smile, and a sense of humor -- but again, something left me a distinct feeling of want. She was lacking intellect. Not that she isn't smart -- she has a master's degree from OSU -- but she doesn't seem to be the same kind of life long learner that I find myself attracted to. The education process was just that to her, a process -- a means to an end. Ah, well -- what's the harm in having a few chucks, right?

Well, with the work week almost at and end and my roommate taking off for a corvette show in PA, I'm looking forward to some alone time coming up. I think that I'll sit around the house, play my guitar, do some writing and clean. Yes, the place really could use a tidying up. Plus it's my friend, Jay's birthday tomorrow. I don't think he's really planning on having a huge bash, but sometimes an intimate night with good friends and good wine can be the better option.

loving life,
-d.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home