Monday, August 02, 2004

A Wet Weekend

It rained a lot this weekend. But that's not really the reason I spent most of the days drenched. My roommate left on Friday night to go camping and rock climbing with a group of guys, leaving me to fend for myself here in C-bus. It wasn't bad at all -- I get little to no "me-time" these days, so I definitely wanted to take advantage of the opportunity.

Actually Friday night, I went over to make amends with my best friend. We've been in this continuous bickering fight for about a month now. I figured one of us was going to have to give in (read, I have to go make amends here.) In all honesty, she was really understanding and we worked through some of the more difficult issues and agreed to be more congenial. We watched 21 Grams and had dinner. It was all good.

Saturday, I sat around - in my solitude - and thought that I was going insane. I haven't been alone in so long that it was just, foriegn. I tried to play the guitar but the damn g-string broke. I tried to write and just felt frustrated and inadequate. So, I ended up sitting around, watching horrible television and wishing that someone would just call or come by. Finally my roommate got home and to much of my surprise had been in town for most of the day. It seems that the guys couldn't find a suitable spot in Hocking Hills, especially because of the rain. They ended up in a rock quarry not ten minutes from our apartment complex. GMoney, being the fool that he is hadn't quite had enough abuse for the day and wanted to go back to do some more cliff diving.

I was a little aprehensive, seeing as I'm deathly afraid of heights. But, alas I 'm never one to back away from a challenge. When we got there G showed me the smaller jumps, probably 20 feet above the waters edge. That didn't look all that bad, but I knew that if these were the small cliffs, I was up to my knees in trouble. We then took a trek around the quarry to find the larger jump spots, some up to 40 feet. yikes is me!!! Like I said I'm never one to back down to fear, and when he asked me where I wanted to start, I just said "right here." and took off.

It was a blast! I couldn't believe how much fun jumping into water could be. After a couple of hours of launching ourselves off these cliffs into the depths below we were exhausted. . .but not too exhausted to come back on Sunday and do it all over again!

I think we might just swing by the quarry tonight after work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home