Monday, July 12, 2004

A Wedding. . .and a Weekend from Hell

Well, Jay and Kristen got married this weekend, and it was a beautiful service. I really think that a lot of people were shocked by the layout of the wedding. I mean, if Jay and Kristen are decisively not anything it's traditional. But it was classy, and I think that makes all the difference.

The wedding was outdoors (at Goodale Park) and thankfully the rain held off all night long. The reception was held at a banquet hall downtown were we all converged to eat and dance and drink until we could stand it no longer (or until they kicked us out at midnight that is.) And then there was the after party. heheh. The groom's men had rented several suites in the suburbs and invited a few select to come back and finish off what liquor and beer was left from the bachelor's party. There was much hibbety-bibbety going on all around. Needless to say, nearly everyone had a good time.

I got home at seven in the morning Sunday, and was expected to be at the newlywed's house at 1pm for lunch and hangout time with all our friends that had traveled from out of town. I made it there around five-ish. And I think that I was still drunk. heh.

All in all, it was a good time. A great celebration of a true love uniting.

. . .

I'll tell ya'll about the hell part another time. or i won't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home