Tuesday, May 24, 2005

somber mood

I read Saul Bellow's Dangling Man yesterday, thus the quotes I decided to share. You can read and enjoy them or just pass through. It's not too important. Bellow is a wonderful writer, in my opinion. However, the story hit a little close to home - being cooped up alone in a small apartment. It truly will an unpleasant person make.

. . . .

So, I'm feeling kind of somber. I haven't written anything in a couple of days. I think I'm afraid my heart will break open and the words will spill out and I'll incriminate myself in one way or another. I haven't even posted on the Orchard. Not because I don't need you people, but because I don't want to tell you that I'm not coming to Nashville this weekend. You see, I don't want to disappoint - and I don't want to give you any of my saddness giving up this trip.

sorry.

I'm not sure what makes me sadder - not going to Nashville or the-other-thing-that-I-don't-want-to-talk-about.

sorry,
-d.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dan, i know you know you'll be ok, but this is a good time to let you know that i really like who you are.
peace, kelly

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The life worth living is never meant for the worthy
Hearts break and promises broken, the story of my life
Story of a life. just a foot note on the path. Honorably mentioned.
How many times how many ways, a life yet to live.
Needing this water and the changes in the wine

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home