Thursday, September 30, 2004

old friends

This work week has been absolutely nuts. It's been kind of refreshing to actually be busy around here, Lord knows that I don't need to spend as much time on this computer as I do (although it is a plus that I get paid for it!) Plus, seeing as business has picked up around here, maybe, just maybe, I'll get hired on full time come the first of the year. yeah, that would be pretty great.

I've spent a bit of time this week reconnecting with old friends. I sent a letter to an ex-neighbor last week and we re-exchanged information so that we might better keep in touch. It's nice to know that the chance meetings that occur throughout your life can actually mean something and even develope into great and lasting friendships.

I also got an email from a friend that I saw about a month ago. Before that it had been four years since we had seen each other, and although we semi-regularly catch up through email and long distance phone conversations it was a bit of a shock (on both accounts, I think) to be back together, face to face. Chick (nottobeconfusedwith Chica) is a person that I dearly love and it was awesome to see her after all this time (even if it was a bit nerve wracking.) But after our get together we didn't talk for over a month. It wasn't entirely anybody's fault -- she's busy, I'm busy -- but a mistake that nearly cost us our friendship. I can't believe that she was worried that I was dissapointed after seeing her (to tell the truth, I had harbored similar fears.) ah, well we had a chance to chat and laugh off our insecurities, and now I feel like we're capable to grow from here. You know, it was kind of weird to see her after all that time. I mean, Chick and I used to be the best of friends, but upon her leaving the state to pursue higher learning we drifted and grew apart. We each had our own separate experiences, and although we had shared a few of them with one another it was different coming together again. Almost like meeting a person for the first time, but not because this person in front of me was a person that I knew a lot about, that I loved. I really hope that we can rebuild the kind of intimate relationship we had before (especially now that she's living back in C-bus for the time being.)

There are a couple of other old friends that I've been visiting with lately, but that's for a different place, a different time.

-dan.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home