Thursday, November 11, 2004

mush (pt. 2) a bitch session

Well, now they've gone and done it. My brain is fine and my body is mush. Seriously!

I was supposed to have the day off today. Not literally off - I still had to come in to work, but everyone in the company was supposed to be offsite at an all day meeting. I drew the long straw and had to stay back to tend to the skeleton crew of workers left here to keep the business in swing. It was my main duty to set up for the worker's lunch, hand out lunches, and tear down. This all will take an hour and a half.

Not. even. close.

I walked in five minutes late and the phone was already ringing. I didn't let that stifle my good mood though, I figured the first hour or so would be hectic trying to get everyone shuffled out, loaded on buses, and on their merry ways. After the choas, I was going to get a long breather.

Well, what happened was everyone was late and departure was set back. Then my help didn't show up at 9:30 like she was supposed to and so I delivered four buildings worth of mail sans assistance. Then I set up for lunch and took my first smoke of the day. It was a glorious smoke. Bridget and I got to be lunch nazi's "NO SOUP FOR YOU!" and then I tore down the set up and headed back to eat my already cold lunch. Twenty minutes later -- EVERYONE CAME BACK! I was supposed to have another hour and a half before anyone was going to arrive! Thus my day was ruined. No time to read. No time to write. No slacking allowed, whatsoever.

And to top it all off, I pinched my middle finger so hard that I thought that I fractured it. but it's ok, or will be as soon as the swelling goes down.

-d.

1 Comments:

Blogger likearadio said...

sorry your day sucked, dan. hope the weekend is looking better. take care of yourself! relax, have a beer, get outside. enjoy the last days before the holiday madness sets in.

hugs-

melanie

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home