Tuesday, February 08, 2005

tripping dogs

So I spent some time in meditation last night. It's been a long time since I've pulled out my mat, lit a few candles and went to work detaching myself from the universe. I never really followed any guidlines when I first started meditating, and I've never spent much thought on a destination or goal -- for me it's a good supplement for prayer. The experience can be a lot more centered on me and it can be totally outside of myself. Plus I like the mental rush that comes along with the journey.

And all day today I feel like someone has been piping Bobby McFerrin through my brain,

Here is a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry be happy
In every life we have some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy...

So I suppose the meditation really did the job. Plus I think it's made me a bit more aggressive in making my mind a more public place. heh. I'm usually a pretty quiet, reserved guy -- but today I've wanted to tell my boss where to go and how to get there, several times. eh, but that's work and work's been sucking right now and I don't want to talk about that.

Because I'm not worrying about it. I ain't worrying about shit today.

::jivesalongsnappinghisfingers::

Exeunt stage right
-d.




1 Comments:

Blogger likearadio said...

sounds good, dan. taking time for yourself is good...

thanks for your supportive notes over in my 'hood. they mean a lot!

:) thoughts your way...

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home