Tuesday, June 07, 2005

saying goodnight

I'm gonna post some more lyrics - a bit different this time though. I wrote this song a long time ago - I was dealing with some strong emotions at the time, one's that seem to be revisiting me - and I felt like sharing.

Say some words for me if you get the chance.

-d.


A lullaby (my love)
Baby Jane's Song.

baby jane, how are you
deep inside your mother's womb?
a crimson light bright shining,
so soft, beautiful and new
go to sleep now darling,
worry not your pretty head.
a father's love can't save you
from a mother's decision.

baby jane, how are you,
on this dark summer's night?
are you ready to go on now?
forget my love. forsake this life.
I finally know what pain is
I know what hurt can cost.
a brand new life so precious -
so easy made, forever lost

sleep my baby
sleep a-bye baby
forever sleep. . .

baby jane, how are you
lying deep beneath an elm?
I come to say I love you
and to show what I've found -
our love will last always,
trouble come, what may;
one day I'll see your smile
as the tears run down my face.

sleep my baby
sleep a-bye baby
forever sleep.

1 Comments:

Blogger likearadio said...

you're it, d. i tagged you with a book meme.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home