Monday, October 18, 2004

a case of the Mondays

I was very perky this morning, thanks to the coffee machine located conviently right down the hall. And now, with the rain and the heavy lifting and all the crap that is every Monday here at work I've turned into a little ball of sleepy. I would like very much to be left alone to crawl into a blanket and say goodbye to the world for a few hours.

me thinks a nap may be in store this afternoon.

. . .

The weekend was pretty good. I got to spend some time with friends that I've been neglecting. Rastaman turned 21 on Wednesday and so he drove up from Oxford and we went out to celebrate Friday night. and now I think to myself, "Self, why is that when your friends turn 21 - you have to drink like it was your birthday too?" Ah, well - that's what Saturday afternoons are for, I suppose. Saturday (late-afternoon after some good breakfast and a much needed shower) GMoney and I drove back home to spend some quality time with my family. When I was home a few weeks ago I installed XP Service Pack 2 on both my uncle's and my parent's computer. This, in turn, lead directly to both their system's crashing. Ah, my love for Windows! Fortunately, I was able to fix my uncle's computer. As for my parents - well, they're screwed. heh. Not really. But I also don't think that their problem has anything to do with the service pack, but with my father's incessant need to fiddle around with every PC he's ever owned until he breaks it for good. I suppose it isn't much help that the system is an HP. crappy computers.

:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:

This week looks as if it's going to be a busy one. I've got a new writing assignment (not like I ever finished the last one, but it's close!!!) and a few other things to get done before Friday. Hopefully I'll have time to check back in here too. I'm really starting to like this place.

-d.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home