Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Looking Forward

I took a sick day yesterday. I'm beginning to think that I should have taken today off as well. The word is: don't eat at sketchy Chinese resteraunts. It's definitely not worth it.

Other than that, I've had a bit of time to think. Between trips to the commode. And I think that I need to take a page from a friend's book and keep some more time to myself. I've not been all that productive in my private life as of lately. I need to do more writing and less social activities. Living it up is good and all - it's been a lot of fun lately, going out with friends, drinking, having a social life for the first time in a year - but it has taken a toll on me. Physically and financially.

Plus it's O-State v. Michigan weekend. crazy times to be in Columbus, Ohio. I've never been much of a football fan - hell, sports in general don't really do anything for me. But it only takes a few months of football fever in this mid-Ohio city for it to catch on, especially at the end of the season. This is the biggest game of the year, and the festivities make it loads of fun.

and next weekend is Turkey Time! I'm excited for the holidays to be here this year. I'm single this year and have been enjoying being with my family for family's sake and not for some pretensious facade of parading around a potential mate. I hate the coy introductions and everyone's inquiring stares from across the room. Plus this is the first year in forever that I'm not working in some kind of retail setting. It should make Christmas tenfold more enjoyable. So, I'm breaking out the Nat King Cole and Louis Armstrong albums and breaking in the x-mas cheer.

I hope it all goes as well as I know it can. and even if it doesn't, there's always Taft to look forward to.
. . . . .
And on another note:

Happy Hump Day!
-d.

2 Comments:

Blogger -kylie- said...

I hope you feel better, dannyboy. :)

I think I ate something bad last nite as well... for about 6 hours, I thought I was dying. Yuck!
I'm really looking forward to seeing you and the fine lady again!
-k.j.

2:51 PM  
Blogger likearadio said...

oof. feel better, dan! and enjoy your time to yourself. i know i'm only a night into mine, and i feel great. neurotic, but great. i'm hoping that after a week or two of it i'll still feel great, but less neurotic. think it's possible?

maybe not. either way, get better.


hugs and Tums-

melanie

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home