Friday, November 19, 2004

A Very Wet Friday

Today is just wet. That is the perfect word for today.

And all the things that associate with wet. Damp. Dark. Dreary. A mass collection of D-words. I suppose that wet could be a good thing too, (don't worry, I won't go there) but that's not the definition that I have in my head. It's a cold/wet. not cheery at all.

Usually, I really like the rain, but today I'm just tired of it. It's making me sleepy. And, I know that I've been a huge whiney-ass lately. for that, I'm sorry.

. . . . . .

So I paid out $120 at lunch today. Money out of Dan's pocket. That didn't put a huge rainbow in my sky either. It seems like no matter how hard I try, I can never get ahead with my finances. It's a skill that I've never really had. I don't budget. I don't keep a ledger. Hell, I don't even deal with banks anymore (they've taken quite enough money from me, thanks.) Not that it isn't all my fault.

I don't want you to think that it's because I'm incompetant either. It's partly because I'm lazy and partly because of who I am. Money doesn't really mean anything to me (although, it has proved to come in handy from time to time.) And so I don't really worry too much about it. I don't use credit - so, there's that. I pay my bills, nearly always on time, and I spend whatever I have left.

I guess that's the area in which I fall short. Buying stuff will be the death of me. And I don't buy stuff that I can keep (besides the occasional piece of clothing and whatnot.) I would say a good 95% of my money goes to bills and consumable items. So in the end, I don't have anything to show for the money that I make. Besides living. Living a fairly comfortable life, right now too. And I've been enjoying that.

Apparently too much. heh.

Ah, well -- thanks for listening to yet another bitch session from yours truly. I'm thinking that I feel better already. . .

-d.

ps. a post on eternity and the origin of that philosphy this weekend. (NO MORE RANTS!)

2 Comments:

Blogger bethany said...

Oh man, I know exactly what you're talking about with finances. I just have no concept of money. I try and earn it, save it, not spend too much of it. I hate finances. And isn't it sick how much keeping oneself costs? Life costs a lot of money.

12:32 PM  
Blogger taliendo said...

Life is expensive, to be sure. And it seems it's always the little things that are putting me over the edge. Stuff like trash bags, or laundry detergent, or toilet paper. The little stuff that you always forget about until the last little sheet of TP is all you have.

But being broke isn't all that bad. It's a life of Ramen noodles and a lot of sitting around the house. Not too shabby. . .

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home