Monday, January 03, 2005

2005

It doesn't really feel different at all. And I'm reminded of a Sandra Cisneros story called "eleven" where the main character has a less than joyous birthday and doesn't feel eleven at all. I guess it does take a few moments for the realization to set in.

I had a quiet New Years Eve. GMoney and I decided to forsake all the hoop-la and stay in. Not to say that we didn't get quite snookered. But I had a head cold and didn't feel all that well. With the booze on top of the cold medicine I was taking it quickly became a challenge to even make it to the midnight ball dropping ceremony. I was out cold by 12:08.

New Years Day was a bit more festive. Chica and I drove down to Jay and Kristen's house to eat pork and sauerkraut and socialize with the socialites. I have a great love for these folks - good, artsy folks - and it was a pleasure to relax with them on the first day of the year. The rest of the weekend was used for rest and I got plenty of it. heh.

and I got vacation today! heh. My new years present! But alas, I am here, working on the holiday. :(

My hope for everyone is that they have a joyous and prosperous year.

-d.

1 Comments:

Blogger likearadio said...

happy new year, dan. :)

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home