Friday, December 03, 2004

the weak end

It's Friday! and everyone says, "HURRAH!"

I'm pretty stoked about the upcoming weekend. My G-ma Onie is turning 70 on Saturday, and so GMoney and I are driving home tonight. I'll get to see my family (again) and eat good food (again) and have a lot of fun. It's like Thanksgiving two weekends in a row! After that, I'll definitely be ready for a break. heh.

So, Chica and I talked last night. Mostly about her leaving and how we didn't want to spend the next seventh months saying goodbye. That would absolutely drive me into an emotional train wreck (not to say that I won't end up there the minute I have to leave her in Texas.) I'm really not sure how either one of us is going to handle the separation. I mean, we've spent the better part of the past three years sidebyside. --no joke. e v e r y d a y. I'm going to miss her like I would miss my left hand.

AH! I don't even really want to think about it right now.

So, enough of that, I guess. and I'm missing Michelle and everybody tonight -- not to mention the OtR concert. But, family is worth it. Mamaw Onie is worth it, for sure. My mom and I lived with her until I was two - until my parents were married - and she was the only person that I would spend the night with when I was young (probably because I felt like her house was still my house.) Hopefully I'll get to sit around and hear some old stories about her life this weekend. It's so very interesting to me to hear her talk about being a young, poor girl from Virginia, working in her Daddy's grocery store.

Well, I hope that everyone has a great weekend!
I miss you already. . .

-d.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home