Monday, December 20, 2004

Thousands More

I figured that I would steal a few moments and write in this space here today. Even though I don't have much to say and it's pretty crazy/busy here at work. ah, the holidays.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about the bigger picture this weekend. I didn't have much to do (although I snubbed my friends on a couple of occasions) which directly led to me sitting around the apartment pondering my life.

I'm soon going to be a quarter of a century old.

I know it's not that big a deal, but I honestly figured that I would be doing something ten times more amazing than what I am. I know, I know: shipping and receiving is a glamourous job that not just anyone could handle. heh. I also know that this job is just that - a job - and that there are a million things that I do accomplish in my personal time that are more worth while to me. I suppose we're all pretty self critical at times.

So I started thinking about whether or not I was happy in my endeavors thus far. But I don't really regard happiness the way a majority of people do. I think happiness is a bit overrated, that even the happiest of people are miserable sometimes. I also don't think that misery is something to have feelings of shame over. Everybody hurts, sometimes. So, when I ask if I'm "happy in my endeavors thus far," what I'm really asking is do I feel accomplished and on task for my life so far? Do I feel like I have and continue to succeed?

and to answer? yes. I think I'm a fairly well-rounded individual, competant in many aspects of life and continuously seeking the questions that will make my life a better, more complete experience. There are a lot of areas that need improvement, don't get me wrong, but I honestly do try and seek a way to improve those qualities in which I am lacking. I am constantly re-evaluating my beliefs, my faith, my love, my mind. Be sure that nothing, neither within or without, is above question; even the Son of God was tried three times on the mountain top.

So in all my pondering, I came out feeling ok. Still on track. Still fighting the good fight. heh. Hope you have a good Monday!

-d.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home