Thursday, February 17, 2005

Drunkard's Prayer

You're my water.
You're my wine.
You're my whiskey
From time to time.

You're the hunger
On my bones.
All the night's
I sleep alone.

Sweet intoxication when you're words wash over me.
Whether or not your lips move, You speak to me.

Like an ocean,
without waves,
You're the movement
that I crave.

And in that motion
I long to drown,
And be lost
not to be found.

You're my water
You're my wine
You're my whiskey
From time to time.
. . . . . .

The new Over the Rhine album comes out March 29th.

I am sick with anticipation.

2 Comments:

Blogger bethany said...

I, too, am excited about the new OTR album.

5:29 PM  
Blogger I am Z said...

this is such a beautiful song.

peace,
zayne

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home